Articles on this Page
- 06/29/17--09:18: _Three questions CEO...
- 07/07/17--04:06: _Rafa Nadal’s game i...
- 08/30/17--14:28: _Why CEOs should tes...
- 09/05/17--08:50: _Why CEOs should han...
- 09/12/17--08:24: _CEOs Must End Digit...
- 10/01/17--08:43: _Whose cloud? The bu...
- 10/27/17--08:50: _A story chart of th...
- 06/29/18--02:24: _CEOs should stop sa...
- 10/10/18--05:19: _A CEO Question: Sta...
- 01/15/19--05:53: _If there’s a double...
- 06/29/17--09:18: Three questions CEOs should ask on the iPhone’s 10th birthday
- 07/07/17--04:06: Rafa Nadal’s game is Digital to the Core – is yours?
- 08/30/17--14:28: Why CEOs should test big digital business ideas in tiny countries.
- 09/05/17--08:50: Why CEOs should hang tech-washing out to dry
- 09/12/17--08:24: CEOs Must End Digital Business Planning Paralysis
- 10/27/17--08:50: A story chart of the corporate information age
- 06/29/18--02:24: CEOs should stop saying this about tech
- 10/10/18--05:19: A CEO Question: Start With Culture OR Tech?
- 01/15/19--05:53: If there’s a double dip ahead, CEOs should refocus – not reverse
Reading the tech news today, I learned that it is the 10th anniversary of the launch of the first Apple iPhone. That decade really did fly past quickly didn’t it? I remember the decade before that as well – as we got better and better at mobile devices.. Palm Pilot, Nokia 7110, iPaq, Blackberry. Nowadays […]
This is this first week of Wimbledon and Rafael Nadal is on form. #2 in the world singles rankings and fresh from his win at the Roland Garros French Open on clay, this time his target is winning the famous London trophy, on grass. Yesterday I heard a BBC commentator marvel at the amount of […]
Last week the very first regular commercial drone delivery service commenced. It’s likely you have heard of many such experiments around the world over the last few years, but this was the first service to start running every day, as a real business operation. Ponder for a moment – where in the world did you […]
During his address to the American nation on April 30th 1973, President Richard Nixon provided his now famous line “there can be no Whitewash at the White House”. The analogy of using white paint to cover up a mess was not new, but ever since – journalists and copywriters have been in love with it. In […]
Something I’ve noticed in a few interactions this year, has been too much planning for digital business innovation. We meet with some technology and business executives who have been strategizing and planning how to set up a digital business innovation center or capability for months and months.. sometimes a year, or even two years. It’s smart to […]
Before we get into this important issue I have to declare a disinterest. I’m not a cloud analyst at Gartner. I don’t cover the vendors or their offerings. I can’t tell you which one is best under different circumstances. I have many colleagues who can help you with those decisions. What I do know is […]
It was nineteen-eighty-something. “Information technology, is a societal, epochal technology” said my university lecturer, quoting a translated Japanese author (that made the insight seem even more wise and visionary). Like … wow man. Decades later I find it helpful to reconsider the 60 to 80 year journey that historians call the ‘information age’. It’s not ivory tower […]
Here’s something that I sometimes hear CEOs and other business leaders say – and seemingly without much forethought. “Of course, the technology is the easy bit..” It’s one of those trite phrases that gets picked up and repeated in everyday corporate life, as if they were statements of obvious truth and wisdom, upon which we all […]
Recently I was asked this rather smart question by the CEO of a financial services company. He knows they must embark on a digital transformation journey. Given what we have learned from the experience of others, should he lead the effort with culture change or technology change? The reflexive answer that I expect you want to give […]
I recently published a Gartner research note of suggested technology related ‘resolutions’ for chief executives (paywall). It’s a list of pointers to things they can consider doing, to help improve their company’s digital business progress. 2019 looks like it might be a turning point year that offers an opportunity for the organisation to pause for […]